The 2021 Dates
The Art of Riding Smooth from Floyd, Virginia
Includes: Two Full Days Instruction with Full Syllabus and Saturday
Maximum size: 2. Feel to free to call with questions.
April 24/25 2 Spaces Available
May 1/2 2 Spaces Available
May 8/9 1 Space Available
May 15/16 Sold Out!
May 22/23 Sold Out!
May 29/30 1 Space Available
June 5/6 2 2 Spaces Available
June 12/13 Sold Out!
June 19/20 2 Spaces Available0
June 26/27 Sold Out!
July 3/4 2 Spaces Available
July 10/11 Sold out!
July 17/18 2 Spaces Available
July 24/25 Sold Out!
August NO WORKSHOPS TOO HOT!
September 4/5 2 Spaces Available
September 11/12 2 Spaces Available
September 18/19 2 Spaces Available
September 25/26 2 Spaces Available
October 2/3 2 Spaces Available
October 9/10 2 Spaces Available
Fee: $1400 cash for two days. $1700 for three days.
Call for details. 301-520-1649c
A personal Workshop is just you and me. Over two or three days together we have a conversation about your riding experience and the skills of riding well. I tailor the routing to your interests and skill level.
“I can’t thank you enough for the Rider’s Workshop last weekend. I hope you don’t mind if I go on a bit here with a few specifics that you can share with others who are thinking about taking the course. Please also feel free to pass along my name and number to anyone who would like a “live” testimonial.
I am an experienced rider of 30-plus years and well over 100,000 miles. This is just some of what I learned or improved in your two-day workshop:
- Choosing gears more effectively for better control, confidence, and smoothness in curves
- Reading a road better, looking to the “vanishing point,” and taking in the full picture of the environment
- Using my GPS to anticipate curves beyond visual sight
- Using a trailing rear brake in a curve to enhance stability, particularly in descending terrain
- How to get a tactile feel, while riding at speed, for the traction of the road surface under varying weather and surface conditions
- How to up- and down-shift more smoothly
- How to ride with more precision, attention, and awareness
- How to identify and seek out the countless lightly trafficked “invisible roads” that are outstanding for motorcycle riding
But the whole of the workshop was much greater than the sum of these parts. The experience reinvigorated me and my love for riding. By taking your approach toward riding as an art with a focus on precision and smoothness, every road and curve, no matter how familiar, becomes new and fresh to me.
Ten years ago, I paid about $700 for an Aerostich riding suit (they are $847 today). The suit was a good investment, because it makes riding safer and more enjoyable in varying weather conditions. For about the same money, your workshop is an even better investment in riding safety and enjoyment. I know that it will pay me dividends for many years to come.
I look forward to riding with you again soon.”
With best regards,